Our Senior School pupils consistently achieve outstanding academic results and cultivate a lifelong desire to learn and achieve.
Why Choose Our Senior School?
- Small class sizes that ensures that every teacher knows every pupil and believes in them
- Individualised learning programmes to ensure every child makes exceptional progress
- Consistently strong results at GCSE Level with all pupils showing good levels of progress
- Excellent pastoral care – where every teacher knows every pupil and genuinely wants them to succeed.
- A comprehensive enrichment programme and a fantastic selection of clubs and activities to help build confidence and character
- An extensive trips and visits programme to support the school curriculum
- Strong family style community that promotes traditional British values whist preparing pupils for the future.
- PSHE programmes to inspire leadership and social responsibility.
- Regular parent activities and on line virtual learning environments to involve you in your child’s education
- Wide range of Scholarships available for Year 7 entry for pupils demonstrating outstanding achievement, talent and/or potential in a certain subject area.
Message from the Principal
I would personally like to welcome you to the Senior School at Colchester High School. There are many benefits to being a pupil in the Senior School that will last our pupils a lifetime. Of particular note are the quality of teaching & learning, and the pastoral care. The vast majority of pupils join the Senior School at the beginning of Year 7 either having journeyed through the Lower School, or else following their experience of taster days in Years 5 & 6. All pupils benefit from lessons taught by specialist teachers who aim to engage and inspire the pupils, cultivating a thirst for learning and the scope for all to achieve to their full potential. Alongside the academic provision, pupils benefit from opportunities to build a positive relationship with the form tutor who is a daily contact to oversee development and general pastoral care. The overall experience in the Senior School allows for pupils to develop their interests and maturity, as well as aspirational long term goals which match their potential.
Mr David Young