The Essex Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures states that effective safeguarding arrangements should aim to meet the following two key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility: for services to be effective each individual and organisation should play their full part.
- A child centred approach: for services to be effective they should be based on a clear understanding of the needs and views of children.
The introduction to “Working Together to Safeguard Children” (2018) defines safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Colchester High School takes safeguarding very seriously. The safeguarding team not only aim to consider all of the above as thoroughly and diligently as possible, but also to plan for, and implement strategies to safeguard all those individuals who form part of the school community.
As a pupil, parent/guardian or member of staff, you will find all of the following websites and documents of benefit – please click and explore: