An Outstanding Start to School Life
Within our warm and welcoming environment every child is treated as a unique individual and encouraged to enjoy their learning through play based activities combined with formal learning, Our approach to teaching leads to happy, confident children and academic excellence with 100% of our pupils achieving a good level of development by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery to Reception) in 2019 compared to 71.8% nationally.
- Individual learning programmes for every child to suit their personal development
- Structured formal learning programme in phonics and Mathematics
- Specialist teaching, developing confidence in PE, ICT, Music and Modern Foreign Languages and enriching your child’s pre-school experience
- ISA Sports School of the Year 2019 and ISA Early Years provision finalist 2019
- Millie’s Mark accreditation: a Quality Mark for nurseries where employees working directly with children are trained in paediatric first aid
- Outstanding pastoral care – a caring and supportive environment where every child can flourish
- Forest School Experiences
- We support fundamental British Values to enhance our children’s personal, social and emotional development.
- Structured School Transition Programme to prepare our children for the next stage of their learning journey
- Wrap around care available from 7.15am until 6pm
- An exciting and fun holiday provision that includes trips and visits to the local community
- Regular reporting of your child’s progress and activity through their Home to School Planner and Interactive Learning Diary
- Regular parental engagement activities to involve you in your child’s education – eg Christmas Arts and Crafts Morning, Sports Day, Nursery Production
- Workplace childcare vouchers are accepted
- All three and four-year-olds are entitled to 15 hours of free early years education for 38 weeks a year starting from the term after the child turns three
- On-site drop off parking available.
Message from the Head of Nursery
Welcome to Colchester High School Nursery. Our practitioners are passionate in their role of working with children and provide the necessary skills and knowledge to enhance the child’s play learning and development. We provide a safe and welcoming environment where the wellbeing of every child is our utmost concern. Each child is valued and treated individually to enable them to socialise, form and develop good relationships. There are opportunities for the children to explore and experiment in all aspects of their learning. Throughout their time at nursery it is extremely rewarding to see how the children develop into happy and confident little learners in preparation for their school life. We would love you to visit our lovely homely environment to see how settled and happy the children are.
Head of Early Years
Quote from ISI 2016 Inspection
“All children… make excellent progress in relation to their starting points. They enjoy their learning, achieve high standards, are creative and think critically.”