Early Years Results
- 100% of pupils in Reception have achieved expected or above average progress with an overall Standardised Average Score (SAS) of 116.5. Well above the National Average.
- 100% of pupils in Reception achieved a reading age of on average 1 year 8 months above their chronological age in the Hertfordshire Reading Test (June 2021)
- 100% of pupils in Reception achieved a ‘good level of development’ in their EYFS Learning Development Goals (GLD) with 50% exceeding expectations.
Lower School GL Assessment Results
At Colchester High School, pupils sit GL Assessments at the end of the Academic Year to allow teachers to assess their progress and where they might require either intervention or stretch and challenge. These results show that our pupils are working above expected levels.
- At the end of Key Stage 1,100% of Year 2 pupils attained an overall standardised score of 126 in Mathematics and English. Well above the National Average of 100.
- Throughout Key Stage 2, 81% of all pupils achieved ‘expected’ or ‘above average’ progress, with one third of pupils achieving ‘higher than expected’ levels of progress.
- At the end of Key Stage 2, 88% of our Year 6 pupils achieved ‘expected’ or ‘above average’ progress in English with a SAS of 121. One third of our pupils also achieved ‘higher than expected’ levels of progress. Well above the National Average.
- Notable progress was also made by our pupils in Mathematics, with a SAS of 117. Well above the National Average.
Colchester High School Scholarships
In 2021, Colchester High School are proud to have awarded:
- 4 Three Year Academic Scholarships into Year 6 to our Year 5 pupils, and
- 12 Scholarships into Year 7 of our Senior School.
- 100% pass rate for those that took the examination.
Lower School English Speaking Board Results
- 100% of our pupils who took the English-Speaking Board Examinations achieved a Merit or higher.
- 40% of pupils achieved Distinction.
- These exams are assessed by an External Examiner and are designed to test candidates’ skills in presentation, discussion, group-management, literary analysis, listening and audience participation.
National Science Quiz Club Competition Results
- Year 6 pupils came 2nd in the National Championship Final for the Quiz Club Science competition, in which they competed against the top scoring teams from across the country.
- Pupils answered questions on subjects such as human biology, astronomy, great inventors and inventions, physics, zoology, ecology, earth science, oceanography, geology, meteorology, botany and chemistry.
Junior Mathematics Challenge
We are incredibly proud of our Year 6 pupils who this year excelled at the United Kingdom Mathematics Trust Junior Mathematics Challenge. The Junior Mathematical Challenge is a multiple-choice challenge that encourages mathematical reasoning, precision of thought, and fluency in using basic mathematical techniques to solve interesting problems. 5 pupils received a Bronze, 5 Silver and 2 Gold Awards.
Quality Mark Award for Mathematics and English
In 2021, Colchester High School were awarded the Quality Mark Award, a national accreditation supporting and recognising improving standards in the provision, practice and performance of English and mathematics, and providing evidence of high-quality education.