COLCHESTER SCHOOL RECOGNISED FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING.
Colchester High School is today celebrating the release of The Independent Schools of Inspectorate (ISI) 2016 School Inspection Report and their recognition of excellence in the delivery of the school’s individualised learning approach which focuses on the strengths of each and every child.
Highlights of the report include:
- “The contribution of teaching is excellent” and “supports the school’s aims to help pupils to become confident, ambitious and independent learners”
- the contribution of curricular and extra- curricular provision is excellent and “fulfils the school’s aims to provide varied, challenging and inspiring learning opportunities”
- “the excellent relationship between teachers and pupils ensures that teachers know their pupils well and creates a very effective learning environment, enabling good progress for all”
- “pupils show excellent spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and these personal qualities and their well-being are strongly supported by excellent pastoral care and welfare systems”
- The School’s governance, quality of leadership and management, including links with parents, carers and guardians were also found to be excellent.
Mr Young, Principal said “I am delighted with the main findings of the report and so proud of our passionate and dedicated teachers and the outstanding work and excellent behaviour of our pupils.
Published on: 20th April 2016