Fees from September 2019
The cost of sending your child to an independent school is something that most parents worry about. Here at Colchester High School, we understand that parents want flexibility in the way they pay their school fees. There are a range of options available to parents, from paying all up front to spreading the costs termly or if you would like even greater flexibility, monthly through the School Fee Plan.
Find out more about what’s included in our school fees and discounts available below.
|Year Group||Total termly fees|
|Nursery||Please refer to our Nursery section|
|Year 1 & 2||£3115|
|Year 3 & 4||£3800|
|Year 5 & 6||£4140|
|Year 7 & 8||£4525|
|Year 10 & 11||£4540|
What is included in my fees?
All fees from Reception to Year 8 include tuition, most after school clubs, stationery, textbooks and craft materials as well as a hot healthy lunch (including nutritious salad, vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, and hot or cold dessert). Lunch is compulsory to the end of Year 8.
Years 9 to 11 need to make their own provision for lunch.
Milk for Reception and Years 1 to 3 is charged at £30 per term.
All Reception children will be provided with a School CHS painting apron and will be charged £8 on their first term’s invoice.
- If your child is aged 3 or 4, you may be entitled to up to 15 hours government Free Early Years’ Entitlement. This funding is available for pupils in Reception if they are aged 4 on the date set by Essex County Council at the start of the relevant term.
- Discounts are available for siblings.
External examinations fees will be invoiced separately. A £175 administration charge covers stationery, invigilator costs, postage etc.
Our school bus service offers parents and carers the reassurance of safe travel to and from school. The cost of this service is dependent upon bus pick-up point but ranges from £200 – £450 per term. (See separate bus information leaflet for more details.)
Before and After School Care
We offer a comprehensive program of before and after school clubs to allow parents and carers a flexible choice for drop off and collection. This is a pay-as-you-go service, charged and invoiced separately at the end of each half term in arrears. All children are looked after until 3.30pm free of charge. Additional information and fees on this service can be found here.
Early Years Holiday Provision
During the school holidays, our Early Years department continues to offer the highest standards of care to our Nursery and Reception children.
|8.00 am – 5pm||£40 per day|
|8.00 am – 12.30 pm||£25 per day|
Please provide your children with a packed lunch and a snack if attending during the afternoon.
Registration and Acceptance Fees
A £100 non-refundable registration fee is required to register for a place at the school and £250 deposit is required upon acceptance of a place. The deposit is held and refunded against the final term’s fees.
Personal and Accident Insurance
The safety of our pupils is paramount and all our pupils are insured whilst on the school premises. The cost of this is £15.00 per term and includes Dental Cover.
This covers reimbursement of termly school fees when pupils are absent for five consecutive days or more. School Fees Remission Insurance is provided by Chubb Insurance Company of Europe. Exclusions apply. Please contact the School Office if you wish to pay this Insurance Premium.
Methods of Payment
- Direct Bank Transfer to : Bank of Scotland, London / SortCode : 12-01-03 / Account No : 06053186. Please ensure that your quote your Parent ID code on all direct bank transfers
- Termly Direct Debit Scheme
- Cheque(s) : Payable to “Colchester High School”
- Childcare Voucher Payments are accepted via Edenred, Care4, Busy Bee Benefits, Choose You At Work, Computershare Childcare Services, SayCare Sodexo Pass, AquaBubble, Tarpon Enter Ltd, Fideliti and KidsUnlimited.
- Payments are accepted against Nursery and Reception term fees up to the age of 5 years old.
- We can accept voucher payments against After School Club, Breakfast Club and Nursery Wraparound ONLY from 5 to 16 years old.
- Full details of Annual Fees, Insurances and Payment Methods are available from the Finance Office.
- We are not permitted to accept cash payments for termly fees