A Week of Celebrating Diwali
As a school this week, led by Miss Door and Mrs Larwood, our staff leaders of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group, we have been celebrating Diwali through:
- a wonderful assembly retelling the story of Diwali produced by Year 6;
- tasting Diwali snacks in Lower School, courtesy of Chef Laura and our caterers, Thomas Franks;
- chalking the playground to create Rangoli patterns;
- making Diwali lamps in Nursery and Reception; and
- creating Diwali cards and divas with our local Hindu community.
We would also like to thank the CHSA who very kindly funded a Diwali Dance Workshop, where pupils throughout the Lower School enjoyed learning about the Diwali story through dance. We do hope that all those celebrating had a Happy Diwali.
Published on: 5th November 2021